Top 10 Interesting Facts About Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa is one of the greatest architectural marvels of the 21st century. It was inaugurated in 2010 and holds the record for being the tallest building in the world. Look at its design or speak about its height, it will leave you awestruck totally. Apart from its height, there are various other interesting facts about Burj Khalifa which you might not know!
The structural height of Burj Khalifa is 828 meters (2716.5 feet), soaring over the Dubai landscape. The building is three times as tall as Eiffel Tower and almost twice as tall as the Empire State Building. Burj Khalifa also holds the records for the tallest stand-alone structure in the world.
Top 10 Interesting Facts About Burj Khalifa in Dubai
1. World’s tallest architectural marvel was built in only 6 years. Burj Khalifa’s amazing structural design has been stupefying, along with its height and intricate LED lights. Around 12,000 daily workers got employment for the construction of this wonder. It’s astounding height and appearance is a treat to the human eye. Unlike many other structures in the world, Burj Khalifa was built with clarity and precision.
2. The quantity of aluminium used on Burj Khalifa is equivalent to that of five A380 aircraft and the weight of the concrete used for building the world’s tallest structure can be summed up to over a 100,000 elephants.
Let’s get into some more amazing facts about Burj Khalifa which will definitely make you admire its architecture!
3. Pieces of Burj Khalifa laid end to end would stretch over a quarter of the way around the world. The tip of the sphere of this building can be seen from a distance of 95 kilometres on a clear day.
4. The enormous Dubai Fountain has been neighbours with this architectural spectacle, which is approximately as big as two soccer fields!
5. One of the very interesting facts about Burj Khalifa is that you can experience the sunset twice on any given day.
6. The tower’s design was inspired by the shape of a Hymenocallis Flower or a Spider Lilly.
Some cool facts about Burj Khalifa pertain to its design and exposure on Social media through acts and stunts performed by artists.
7. Burj Khalifa also hosts the third fastest-moving elevator in the world with a speed of 10 meters per second. It takes just one minute to reach the observation deck from the ground floor!
8. This enormous structure was initially named Burj Dubai. However, it was renamed as Burj Khalifa to honour Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the president of the United Arab Emirates.
Let’s look at some lesser-known, but important facts about Burj Khalifa which would apprise you a bit more about this enthralling structure.
9. The cost of building this whole project was 1.5 billion dollars.
10. Burj Khalifa has the highest number of floors in the world and the building houses the world’s highest outdoor observation deck on level 148.
Burj Khalifa is a man-made wonder residing in the soil of the United Arab Emirates, situated in the city of Dubai. It holds a lot of facilities like restaurants, hotels, residential apartments and office spaces. Additionally, it is a huge tourist attraction due to its observation decks. The stature continues to startle and blaze for everyone for 10 years now, proudly standing as the world’s tallest building. The Kingdom Tower in Jeddah is set to open in 2021 with its height exceeding 1000 metres is set to dethrone Burj Khalifa!
Burj Khalifa has been at the pinnacle of tourist visits, from people around the world coming to see this monumental structure. Mesmerized is what one feels looking at this mighty and one of its kind work of Human art-forms. A building which has shifted our perspective from the land to the skies. Also which has altered the future of possibilities of architecture and is indeed “The building of the century”.